The new Procedure Center at The Hubbard Clinic
safely performs many procedures in the office for men and women. Performing minimally invasive procedures in the office verses a traditional hospital or surgery center setting has several advantages.
- Patient Comfort. The Hubbard Clinic performs procedures under monitored IV sedation administered by a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Most patients report no pain associated with the procedure. All the procedures offered by The Hubbard Clinic are FDA approved with minimal recovery time.
- Convenience. The procedures are performed in a center located within The Hubbard Clinic. The patient is surrounded by the familiar, friendly, and experienced staff prior to, during, and after the procedure. The soothing and inviting environment calms the patient and their loved ones. Usually the entire procedure process takes less than 2 ½ hours.
- Risk of Infection. The risk of infection is greatly reduced in an office setting as opposed to the hospital setting where the patient is in close proximity to sick people. Also, the patient is quickly stabilized and released after the procedure into their home environment to recover.
- Financial Liability. The patient financial responsibility is drastically less for procedures performed in the office verses the hospital. Many insurance carriers only charge an office co-payment. As a courtesy, the clinic contacts your insurance carrier and notifies you of the patient liability prior to the procedure.
Procedures for Men The Hubbard Clinic offers procedures for the treatment of an enlarged prostate, or benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). The prostate naturally starts to enlarge as men age. Men can start to experience the symptoms of an enlarged prostate in their early forties. Symptoms include: frequent and urgent need to urinate, getting up multiple times during the night to urinate, a weak urine stream and inability to start urination. When symptoms start to negatively affect a patient’s quality of life then numerous treatment options are available, including the following procedures.
- TUNA. Transurethral Needle Ablation (TUNA) procedure works best for prostate glands under 40 grams in size and prostate length under 4.5 cm. The treatment lasts 18-25 minutes and a catheter is used for 1-3 days after the procedure.
- Surgical Resection of Bladder Neck Tissue. This procedure can be performed in conjunction with the TUNA. A simple procedure to remove excess tissue from the bladder neck. This procedure greatly reduces post-op catheter time after the TUNA.